Looking for some local Jordanian flavor? How about some deals on handcrafts, or some games for the kids? If you happen to be in Amman this coming Friday, August 29 then you’re in luck as the last Souk Jara event of the summer is being held.
Souk Jara is a Jordanian annual, weekly flea market event organized by the Jabal Amman Residents Association (Jara) that occurs every Friday throughout the summer that offers a variety of family-oriented activities including:
- new games for kids and adults Souk Jara Games
- delicious treats at the Souk Jara Cafe
- musical concerts and films at the Souk Jara Theater
- and plenty of good deals on handcrafts, antitiquties and other home made items at the Souk Jara Market
The last Souk Jara for 2008 season will open at 10AM and close at 10PM and is being held in Jabal Amman, First Circle, Jara Street (Fawzi Malouf Street). For you tourist types, Jabal Amman is one of the original 7 hills that made Amman and is now one of its classical quarters. Amman of course is the capital of Jordan.
More details and contact information can be found at the Jabal Amman Residents Association website, Jara-jordan.com.
Below are some links to blogs and online gallerys that further describe the Souk Jara event:
- Jara-Jordan photo gallery
- Into the Wind – Is Amman Boring?
- Traveling Marshalls – Positive VS. Negative
- Jen’s blog – Amman Oases
- Moey’s – What to do in Amman today?
- Travelpod – A wrap-up of the last week
- Sugar Cube’s Flickr – Souk Jara